Friday, June 27, 2008

Ooops - 4 weeks!

I was embarrassed today to notice it's been 4 weeks since I posted to this. Ooops. I've been busy being an Astronomer and a Mom! I've been busy happily letting memories of my last trip fade away (how traumatic it felt to be away for a whole week - now I barely remember it!). And I've been getting tired observing remotely from my living room in the middle of the night. This is reminding me of being 8 months pregnant (when I last had a significant amount of time on this telescope) and balancing my laptop on my giant tummy! All in all I don't miss that stage!

To make up for my absence here is my favourite recent picture of the little one. Especially for you - ScienceMama. Good luck at your conference! If it's anything like my last trip Bean will be fine, but you'll be a mess - and see babies everywhere you turn. So here is another one for you!

3 comments:

The bean-mom said...

Visiting from Sciencemama's site, and just had to say--your little one is beautiful!

So sweet.

ScienceMama said...

Oh my gosh, what a gorgeous little girl! 15 months now?

The trip was indeed easy on Bean and tough on me. And I WAS seeing little babes everywhere. Who knew how many adorable kids there are out there? Apparently they all hang out at the airport looking adorable and getting hugged by their mothers.

How are you getting along doing your work in the middle of the night when you have a little one? When do you sleep?

Astronomum said...

I usually try to sleep some during the day when she's at daycare, or I just go to bed really early. And also I get really tired. when I work at night a lot. Fortunately it comes and goes how much I have to do this, depending on the observing time I get. I think being a new Mom is good for astronomers who have to work late a lot, and vice versa. What I mean is that I have gotten used to sleeping whenever I can. I guess this is one area in which it helps to be tired!

I'm glad your trip went well for Bean. While traveling I did wonder if bored Moms and kids go to hang out at the airport to make working mothers feel bad! Probably not - they're much too busy themselves!

The little one is just over 16 months old now.